Real Madrid was crowned European champion after defeating Liverpool 1-0 in a Champions League final. The match started 37 minutes late due to crowd problems outside the Stade de France.

Vinicius Junior, Brazil’s winger, scored in the 59th minutes from Federico Valverde’s goal-bound drive across the goal face. This gave Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti his fourth European Cup title.

Madrid finished the Champions League-La Liga double while Liverpool completed a season that promised so many — a week before, it was in contention to win an unprecedented quadruple major trophies. With just two domestic cups in England, Liverpool.

Thibaut Courtois of Madrid was the goalkeeper for the English team. He tipped Sadio’s first-half shot against the post, and then made a better save to stop Mohamed Salah’s attempt in the 81st.

Courtois stated, “Today no one was going to get in mine way.” “I was going win a Champions League regardless of what.”

Vinicius fell to his knees, covered his face and waited for fulltime. Many of his teammates ran the entire field in celebration to Madrid’s fans at the other end.

Marcelo, Madrid’s serial winner, was presented with the trophy in front of an audience of fireworks and tickertape.

Madrid emphasized its position as the European soccer king, as it holds twice as many European Cups than the No. 1 team. AC Milan is number 2 on the list.

This time, the Spanish giant did not need to make the same stirring comeback as the one that he had to put in in order for him to beat Paris Saint-Germain, the defending champion Chelsea, and Manchester City in the knockout stages.

This might be the longest and most difficult run to the title in all of competition’s history.

Many, particularly Liverpool fans, felt that pre-match crowd issues dominated this final. However, authorities and UEFA will be investigating them in the coming days.

Riot police used pepper spray and tear gas against supporters who waited in long lines to enter European soccer’s main event, which was delayed because of the delay.

UEFA blamed the chaos and confusion on those trying to enter the stadium without valid tickets. It did not provide any details about where they could be.

“In the lead up to the game, the turnstiles in Liverpool ended became blocked by thousands and fans who bought fake tickets that did not work in turnstiles,” UEFA stated in a statement.

To gain entry, some fans scaled the fences surrounding the stadium. Some fans rushed past security to get onto the concourse, while others sprinted onto it before being wrestled to the ground.

Riot police with batons, riot shields, ran from gate-to-gate to stop fans trying to force their way into the stadium.

Angela Murphy, a Liverpool fan, said that she has severe asthma and had been tear gassed twice. She spoke through a fence to The Associated Press. “I am really struggling.”

Announcing that there would be an interruption was made 15 minutes before kickoff at 9 p.m. (local time). The announcement was met with cheers in the stadium.