Salvador Ramos, the alleged perpetrator of the shooting that has left 19 children and two teachers dead at a school in Uvalde, Texas, acted after having a small argument about the telephone bill with his grandmother, who was also shot

This has been pointed out by Ramos’ grandfather, Rolando Reyes, 72, who has acknowledged on ABC News that he had no idea that his grandson had bought two AR-15 rifles or had them in his house.

The author of the massacre lived with his grandparents after having a fight with his mother and occupied one of the rooms of the house where he slept on a mattress on the floor, Reyes revealed to ABC News.

In his story, he explained that he did not see anything unusual that predicted what was going to happen. According to him, the suspect had a small argument with the grandmother about the phone bill.

The newspaper ‘The Washington Post’, which has spoken with family and friends of the aggressor, has described Ramos as a lonely young man who suffered bullying due to his problems speaking in childhood and was raised in an unstructured home.

In recent years, he had had violent reactions against people close to him and also with strangers. The massacre took place just days after he came of age. He turned 18 on May 16 and only six days later he legally bought two AR-15-type rifles.

Ramos broke into the Robb Elementary School in Uvalde at around 11:37 local time (4:37 p.m. GMT) after having a traffic accident. Inside the school he opened fire on students and teachers, before being shot dead by the police.

The motivations of the young man are still unknown and if he entered the educational center by chance due to its proximity to the accident site or if he did it intentionally.

According to Texas Governor Greg Abbott, Ramos had been a student at Uvalde High School, where the majority of students are Hispanic. Although the name and surname of the murderer are Hispanic, at the moment his ancestry is unknown.

Before entering the school, Ramos, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, shot his grandmother at home, who was hospitalized in serious condition on Tuesday night. Later, the young man got into a vehicle and was involved in an accident near Robb Elementary School.

It was at that moment when the security forces received the first alert calls, indicating that an individual armed with a rifle was heading towards the school.

When the police arrived at the building, the assailant opened fire on the officers and two were injured. He then entered the school, entered a class and barricaded himself there, shooting at the students and two teachers.

In the end, a specialized police team arrived at the school, where they managed to enter the classroom and shot Ramos down. On Tuesday, Uvalde School District Police Chief Pete Arredondo said Ramos acted alone and had no help from anyone.