The Hispack show is held in conjunction with Graphispag from May 24 to 27 at the Gran Via of Fira de Barcelona

The container and packaging industry, a sector that invoices nearly 30,000 million euros a year in Spain, will meet from May 24 to 27 at the Hispack show, which will take place in the Gran Via de Fira de Barcelona with 600 exhibiting companies from nineteen countries and a total of 1,100 brands represented, and with the forecast of reaching 25,000 visitors.

The triennial event had not been held since 2018, since the edition scheduled for 2021 had to be suspended due to the pandemic. On its return, the packaging fair coincides with Graphispag, a show dedicated to the graphic industry and visual communication that will take place simultaneously.

Hispack will have sustainability as its main theme, which has become a key objective for companies in the sector. Companies in the packaging industry are accelerating their actions in this area as a result, on the one hand, of legislative changes that affect packaging and, on the other, of the growing ecological awareness on the part of consumers.

Another of the substantive issues at the show will be the massive incorporation into the sector of automation, robotization, connectivity and the technologies of industry 4.0.

A third strategic axis for the industry and for Hispack is internationalization as the basis for the future growth of Spanish packaging companies. The contest is one of the first three in Europe in its specialty and works as a gateway to the Iberian market. After Spain, the countries with the most exhibitors will be -in this order- Turkey, Italy, Germany, France, the Netherlands and Portugal.

60% of the offer that will be exhibited at Hispack will correspond to packaging, bottling, labeling, coding, traceability, robotics, logistics and process machinery. The remaining 40% will be in charge of companies of materials, finishes, advertising in the point of sale and specific packaging elements for the different segments of industry and consumption, as well as for conventional distribution and electronic commerce.

Hispack has scheduled 600 activities in which 200 speakers will take part who will address topics such as the personalization of packaging, bioplastics or eco-design. At the same time, companies such as Nestlé, Pastas Gallo, Unilever or Puig will exhibit their innovation strategies through packaging.

According to a report presented by Hispack, the Spanish container and packaging industry brings together 3,180 companies, mostly SMEs, which employ 113,000 people and which in 2020 had a turnover of 29,750 million euros, 3.37% less than in 2019 due to the pandemic. This figure represents 4.37% of the total turnover of the industry and 2.65% of GDP.